с сочем вот соч Task 1. Read the text and identify the writer’s opinion and write True or False next to the
given statements as in the example.
It is easy to forget that many villages would disappear if there were no donkeys. Much of the
world is dependent on donkeys moving food from farms to small towns. Many countries have
an effective network of railways to help transport different types of goods. The earliest
recorded system was in Ancient Greece in 600BC. Since then, rail-links were built to connect
short distances. In the early 19th century, the first passengers travelled on the railways with
Air-travel is the most modern form of public transport and it was developed in the 20th century.
Millions of people use airplanes for a variety of reasons.
Some courier companies now have their own fleet of planes ready to carry parcels and post
more efficiently. There are different types of passenger services – some are cheap and
provide a ‘no-frills’ service which is good for short journeys.
Statements. Write True or False next to the given statements as in the example.
1. Donkeys are not needed in today’s economy
1. The Ancient Greeks had a railway system in 800BC.
2. The very early railways connected a lot of cities.
3. British passengers first travelled on trains in the 19 th century.
4. ‘No-frills’ airlines are popular because they are cheap.
5. Some courier services use their own convoys of planes.
6. People use airplanes only to carry tools.
Task 2. Write a paragraph about your last holiday celebration answering the following
questions. (give full answers)
1) What was your last holiday?
2) Where did you celebrate it?
3) How many people were at the party? Who were they (friends, relatives, classmates
4) Did anyone get presents? What kind of presents?
5) What did you like the most?
first of all you must be good equiped how physically as morally!
you have to preparate every day doing exercises you need for the examination.
the best way of preparation is going to particular clases
read a lot of books which have main relation with the examens
2.l had my holidays in( коли , минулого літа, тижня) last week. I spend them ( де проводили попередні вихідні, в горах...) on the mountain. I visited( яке місце відвідував) lake Synevir. I like it ( чому тобі не/сподобалось) because it beautiful countryside.
Возьми и сам сделай. Это английский, он важен. Но нет же, лучше курить в подворотне и не уметь даже банально прочитать что либо на английском
A) Christopher Wren B) Andrew Lloyd Webber C) Benjamin Britten
8. Alexander Selkirk was the prototype of … .
A) Ivanhoe B) Gulliver C) Robinson Crusoe
9. King Lear had … daughters. A) four B) two C) three
10. They say “When a man is tired of London, he
is tired of …“.
A) travelling B) life C) sightseeing
IV. Write a letter to your pen-friend about your last holidays . (about 100 words)
7. a few, several
8. a few
13. high, people
2) I did celebrate my birthday in club.
3) Thirty people were at the party. At the party were my friends and classmates.
4) My friend (вставишь имя)… did get to me the present. He did get to me еarphones.
5) I like аll gift.
1. Which is bigger, a lake or an ocean
2. Which country has the most people? China
3. What is the biggest state in the U.S.A.? Texas
4. Which continent has the biggest population?Asia
5. Name the two longest rivers in the world. the Nile, the Amazon
6. In which country is the world's highest waterfall? Venezuela
7. What is the capital city of Kenya? Nairobi
8. Which two oceans does the Panama Canal link? the Pacific, the Atlantic
9. What is South America's highest mountain range the Andes
10. Which ocean is to the east of Africa? the Indian
II. Which variant is correct? ( )
1. He said that Greece … ancient culture.
A) has B) have C) has had ни один не годится
2. It annoys me that he … .
A) always smile B) will smiled C) is always smiling
3. Shortly after our arrival … Turkey, she fell ill.
A) in B) to C) at
4. Their meeting was not accidental … .
A) also B) too C) either
5. He will have his car … .
A) to service B) serviced C) servicing
6. We have to prepare the report by tomorrow, …
A) haven’t we ? B) have we ? C) don’t we ?
7. They lived in a … house.
A) nice little old B) old nice little C) little old nice
8. I have got two pets, but last year I … only a cat.
A) had B) got C) had got
9. We should congratulate them … their wedding.
A) with B) on C) of
10. Would you mind … where you come from?
A) telling B) telling me C) to tell me
III. Do you know Great Britain and its culture? ( )
1. The Great Fire of London was in … .
A) 1600 B) 1660 C) 1666
2. The Battle of Trafalgar took place in … .
A) 1805 B)1812 C) 1814
3. The Prime Minister of Great Britain during
WWII was … .
A) Winston Churchill B) Margaret Thatcher C) David Cameron
4. “Big Ben” was the nickname of … .
A) Christopher Wren
B) Andrew Lloyd Webber
C) Benjamin Hall
5. It was not designed by Christopher Wren.
A) St. Paul’s Cathedral B) Westminster Abbey C) Greenwich Observatory
6. The Boat Race in England is between … Universities.
A) Oxford and Cambridge B) Oxford and London C) Cambridge and York
1) Каким был ваш последний отпуск? 2) Где ты это отмечал? 3) Сколько людей было на вечеринке? Кем они были (друзья, родственники, одноклассники и т. Д.)? 4) Кто-нибудь получал подарки? Что за подарки? 5) Что тебе понравилось больше всего?-это перевод.
Мy last vacation was good.
I celebrated it in a cafe.
There were a lot of people at the party.
they were my friends.
we received small gifts, but the gifts were very good.
I liked everything!!