Задания на present Simple/Continues
1. Present Continuous Write the ing-form of the following verbs.
2. Simple Present
Write the 3rd person singular of the following verbs (in Simple Present).
do - he
worry - she
play - she
watch - he
might - she
3. Use When to use which tense?
(1) Which tense do you have to use with the following signal words: Look!, now?
(2) Which tense do you have to use with the following signal words: often, seldom, never?
(3) For actions happening at the moment of speaking, we use .
(4) For actions set by a timetable or schedule, we use .
(5) In a story, for present actions happening one after another, we use .
(6) For arrangements for the near future, we use .
4. Positive sentences Complete the sentences. Use Simple Present or Present continuous.
We (help) in the canteen this week.
Martin usually (drive) to work.
But today, he (take) the bus.
Listen! She (practise) the piano.
My friend (play) the guitar every evening.
5. Negative sentences Complete the sentences. Use Simple Present or Present Progressive.
He (not / spend) his holidays in Spain each year.
I (not / meet) Francis tonight.
They (not / fly) to London tomorrow.
We (not / work) this week.
The film (not / begin) at 7 o'clock.
6. questionn Complete the sentences. Use Simple Present or Present Continuous.
(leave / you) the party now?
(have / you) any brothers or sisters?
(love / she) him?
Who (cook) dinner tonight?
(send / he) you an e-mail every day?
7. Text Complete the sentences. Use Simple Present or Present Continuous.
Maria (want) to improve her English.
Therefore, she (do) a language course in London at the moment.
She (stay) with a host family and (must) take the tube to get to her language school.
It (be) only a five-minute walk to the nearest tube station.
The tube (leave) at half past eight.
The first lesson (begin) at 9 o'clock.
In the afternoons, the school (offer) sightseeing tours in and around London.
Tomorrow, the students of the language school (go) to Windsor.
Have you ever tasted mango? Present Perfect
I saw Tom two weeks ago.He looked tired. Past Simple
Yesterday I was watching a very interesting film at 6 o’clock in the evening.Past Continuous
I have never been to Paris. Present Perfect
Have watch TV
Doing the homework
Had ate breakfast, will have breakfast
1. she Usually doesn't sleep during the day, but today
I just fell asleep.
2 Last summer he went to the village and
I met some friends there.
3 I have done my homework now
going for a walk.
4 What countries have you visited in this year
5 What are you eating now? I eat fish, huh
I ate meat yesterday.
6 He did not buy the book that he
7 We have already drunk two glasses of milk.
1. present simple: always seldom often usually every day on Mondays always sometimes once a year once a week
2. present continuous: now at the moment
present perfect: ever never yet already just for since
I learn English words everyday.
I've already been learning English words for 1 hour.
I'm learning English words. Don't touch me.
I had learned English words. Check me.
Пример: I will learn English words tomorrow
3 I have never been to England.
4 What time ... your father finish work in the evening? does
5 I'm going away tomorrow morning. My train is at 8.40.
Sam's plane arrives at midnight.
6 I hate big cities.
How much does it cost to send a letter to Paris?
It often rains in this part of the world.
7 Can you help me? I don't know the way to the market.
8 Where is it more beautiful, in the mountains or near the sea?
9 My parents live in Moscow.
10 My wife ... home yet. hasn't come
2. What time John arrived yesterday?
3. I never forget anything.
4. You sit comfortably, Jane?
5. We drank a lot of Coke at the party last saturday.
6. It rained all night today.
7. The train will leave in a few minutes.
8. He watered all the flowers and the bushes yesterday.
1. am listening, is cooking;
3. went, wanted;
6. were doing;
7. have read;
Alice doesn't take the bus to school every day.
She usually walks to school
Who is this man? I think that I know him, but I've forgotten his name.
The children had a good time in the park yesterday. They were giving small pieces of bread to the ducks. Then they were taking pictures of themselves.
Where are the children? They are watching TV in the room now. Some minutes ago they played a game.
Now I am in my class. I am sitting at my desk. I always sit at the same desk.
is a person who makes outer ( usually men's) clothes. a) tailor b) dressmaker c) coatsman 6)to deal with people who come to stay in a hotel or come to visit a doctor or a businessman is a job of a a) receptionist b) receiver c) reception manager 7) a person who prepares food is a a) cook b) cooker c) cook specialist 8) a chemist is a person who a) teaches chemistry b) loves chemistry
and medicine c) makes and sells medicines